> Fs: Tascam 42b-nb

guitarmaker
post Mar 29 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #1

Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,216

Hi guys,

I hate to report that I'm in need of selling my new 42B sad.gif I was so impressed by the difference between this deck and my digital setup that I decided to go multi-track reel to reel. Well, I got stung by evilbay. What was supposed to be a decent Ampex 440-8 ended up being a really ratty converted 440-4. Anyway, the seller won't budge and I need to recoup the loss.

The 42B-NB has been completely gone over and is aligned and calibrated both mechanically and electronically. I aligned it for NAB at 15ips. The heads show no noticable wear which is supported by the frequency response curve I plotted for it for both playback and record. It's 100% ready to use. It has 2 cosmetic issues. One VU lens has a crack in it and one knob is missing its top. Both parts are available from Teac. Other than that it looks nice and plays great with no other issues. Comes with two new NAB hub adapters and a 10.5" Scotch take up reel. I would like to get for it what I have into it which is $250 plus shipping. Please don't make me eBay this sad.gif

Deck is located in Oregon. Thanks.

Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 12:27 AM